Jul 16, 2009

The Cure for the Picky Eater

As most people with young children know, there comes a time when your child will turn up their nose to anything you offer them. Just think of the TV commercial where there is a little girl in the grocery store saying "I don't think I like waffles." If you have experienced this I have a solution for you! Now this probably won't work for every food and possibly not every time, but I think it's worth a shot. Today I decided that my sons boycott of eggs was going to come to an end. In his short three years of life, I haven't once been able to get him to eat eggs - until today!
I proclaimed mid-morning that he was going to help me make lunch today, an exciting event for him. A little before lunch, I got out all the supplies we needed to make some wonderful egg salad sandwiches. He helped me put all the ingredients for the sauce in the bowl and mix it up, chop the eggs (with a closed chopper), mix again, and assemble his sandwich. He was delighted by the entire process, including wearing his very fashionable apron.


I am happy to report that the sandwich was a success and he ate the sandwich - spinach leaves and all!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grammy said...

So proud of you, Aidan. :)