Oct 22, 2009

Getting Paid to be Earth Friendly

While getting caught up on my local and state news, I came across a great article I just had to share with you.  Did you know that starting in November, Target & CVS will be rolling out incentive programs for you to bring your own bag?  This is great news for your wallet and the earth! Check out the story over at USA Today. Now we can only hope that other businesses will jump on board.  I think it's a smart move for the stores; they'll save money by buying fewer bags and attract customers with the incentive.  I know I'd be more likely to shop at a store that gives me a discount for using my own bag (which I already use) than a competitor that doesn't.

Do you know a store that offers incentives for using your own bag?  If you do, post the store name in the comments so we all can save money while saving the earth!

2 comments:

Kirsten@Nexyoo said...

I think this is a great step too. I know IKEA has actually stopping having disposable bags at all. Trader Joes offers raffle tickets when you bring in your own bag, and you can win free groceries.

Mom said...

Stop & Shop Supermarket (in New England) gives a five cent discount for each reusable bag you use.