I would call this diaper "full coverage," as I made the back a little too wide. You can see in the picture above that there is a puff at the back of the thigh from the extra material. I have also been having a wicking issue at the legs. I believe that I did not make the leg elastic tight enough, so I'm not getting a good seal. Perhaps this diaper will be good when he is a little older and fits the leg openings better.
I don't think it's a bad diaper for my first attempt. I will modify my pattern and try again once I get some more PUL. I would really love to be able to make a fantastic diaper, but I know it will take a few prototypes to get it right.
I'm also going to venture into the world of wet bags as I am frustrated with mine, and don't see anything better on the market. I have a front load washer, and it is very difficult to get the soiled diapers out of the bag seeing how you can't just turn it upside down. So, I am designing a "front loader friendly" wet bag.
We'll see how it all works out, stay tuned!