May 22, 2012

Recap of the first week of Body Revolution

As usual, a busy life with three kids has gotten in the way of my writing time. So here is the recap since I wrote last Monday.

Monday - I followed plan and did my 2 workouts and prescribed kick start diet, had to take an Ibuprofen my withdrawal headache was so bad.

Tuesday - again followed the kick start plan as stated, had a touch of a headache still but not as bad as Monday's. I was also starting to get really sore after the second workout.  I had trouble completing the exercises for the full time I was so sore.

Wednesday - woke up to every muscle in my body screaming when they were moved, I was so sore it hampered everyday activities.  I decided to take the day off from exercises and just spend a few minutes here and there doing yoga poses to stretch out. I also drank TONS of water that day. I did still follow the meal plan, but I added one carbohydrate and one more dairy considering I am breastfeeding. This helped a lot with my energy level.

Thursday - Decided that I needed to stop doing the kick start exercise plan and move to normal plan so I didn't hurt myself. I did my morning workout (targeted areas tape 1) and followed the meal plan with modification.

Friday - Went to the doctor for a female issue I had been having and got put on a pill that really messed with my system. I missed the morning workout for various reasons and had planned on doing it in the evening. That didn't happen because I felt so terrible, and I went to bed early to recoup instead.

Saturday - Was my mother's day treat, I got a "spa day" with my best friend. We went to several places to get manicures, pedicures, massages, lunch, and even went to see a movie. That evening I also had a date night with my husband. I took it as my "relax day" and did not workout. I also made mostly good choices diet wise while eating out.

Sunday - I did pretty well diet wise and did the tape I was suppose to do on Friday, target areas tape 2.

Overall, week one was a bit rough. I did my best and hung in there but did have to drop down on the exercise.  I will save that intensity for when I am at a plateau and need to switch something instead of when I am going from sedentary to active! I think that would be more appropriate for someone who is already working out regularly and wants an early boost.  I completed a total of 6 tapes, the same ones and number for the normal week one, just not on the prescribed days.

My weight has been fluctuating.  I was a bad girl and weighed Sunday, then Monday and saw about a two pound difference (not in a good way!) So, I weighed again today and decided to use that number as it was in between and probably more accurate. 

Week 1 results: - 1.8 lbs; - 2.75" (total, over 10 body measurements)

I am happy with this, even though I wish it was more (I really liked the Sunday weigh in as that would have made the weight loss 3.6 lbs,) it is really a good number for a breastfeeding mom.  I have to watch that I do not loose weight too quickly or it can release toxins stored in my fat into the breast milk. I don't doubt that if I had been able to do the entire week one kick start as written I probably would have lost the dress size they said, but you have to be reasonable or you wont stick to the plan.

Lets see what this next week holds!

No comments: