Aug 17, 2009

The Best Chicken Salad

Last week I roasted two chickens for several meals we would be having (plus making chicken broth for soups this week). I had some of the roasted chicken and a few other ingredients from other recipes left over. What I ended of creating for our Saturday lunch was a totally delicious accident.

Now, I didn't measure any of the ingredients so the following are my estimates of how much I used.
1 1/2 c. roasted chicken, shredded
1 oz. salami, diced
1 roasted red pepper, diced
1/4 c. golden raisins
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

I mixed all of the ingredients for the dressing first then added the meat, peppers and raisins. It makes a wonderfully flavorful chicken salad with a nice fusion between Italian and Indian flavors. Try it for yourself and tell me what you think!

No comments: